Do what you love.....love what you do!!

Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day!!

I hope you all had a wonderful Father's Day! For the first time in months, maybe even years, our kids slept in until 8:00am. This really NEVER happens!! And Ben didn't get up in the night either!! So we had a great start to the day!

A couple of cards to share celebrating Father's Day! First my hubby's card, nice and simple. He has a thing for Zebras.


I stamped a Zebra image (from Maya Road..picked up at the last SGD garage sale, thanks Angie!). I stamped it using dark brown chalk ink, on paper from Creative Memories, cut it out in a nice oval, mounted it with Java Bazzill cardstock, pop dotted it to the same pp, mounted the whole thing on Raven Bazzill cardstock. I stamped the sentiment on the same pp, attached it to a piece of chipboard, put on some ribbon and all done!!

Now my FIL's card. I decided to see if I could colour on kraft cardstock with my pencil crayons and still be able to use the mineral spirits to blend. And you can! I used the Father's Day stamp from Popcorn Bear, so cute! I kept the colours simple, lots of brown tones to go with the kraft paper, nice and masculine.

I added some buttons, tied on some twine, stamped the sentiment on a tag, and mounted it all on some Bazzill cardstock.

Have a great day!

1 comment: