Do what you love.....love what you do!!

Sunday, August 1, 2010

August Kit Reveal

It's August already!! Where is the summer going?? Here is the latest scrapbooking kit released by Scrappin' Great Deals!!

Lots of oranges, browns and turquoises, and a splash of yellow! Very pretty and definitely not my usual palette!! This was a challenging kit for me...which is good! It gets your creative juices flowing! So here is what I came up with. Two layouts so far, my third is still a work in progress (I have been working a LOT lateley!!)

First layout, my niece was here this summer and how she has grown! She will be 10 this year and she is so beautiful, always has been, so my layout: "then & now, Beauty"
I played with some Turquoise Glimmer Mist, lots of flourishes stamped with Dark Brown Chalk Ink, I used a Tim Holtz Sizzix Die to cut out some more flourishes, the kit came with the large flower and some orange flowers, and I added a few more plus some Prima pearls.
Close up of the layers in the title:
I used a Spellbinders nestie (labels 10) to cut out the title card from the scrap vellum I used to cover the floor where I sprayed the glimmer mist.

Here is my second layout, a picture of my Grandma with 6 of her Great-Grandkids! I love the sepia tones in this "Family is Forever" layout:

I used a Kaiser clear stamp set from their Peachy Keen line and some Versamark Dazzle ink on the brown cardstock to create the watermark (hard to see in the picture...much better in real life!) then I used Creamy Brown Chalk Ink to go over the watermark to create my own patterned paper. I used my Scor-Pal to add some texture to the cardstock and patterned paper. Another Tim Holtz Sizzix die cut out the bird cage, and I cut out the coloured birds/leaves from the patterned paper included in the kit. I used a cricut cartridge to cut out the title. Lots of inking and distressing...that's what I like!

Close up of the stamping:
The kit will be ready in the store after the holiday on August 3! Pick it up while you can...they go really fast!! Be sure to check out Sarah's blog and April's to see what they came up with as well!

Happy Civic Holiday!

2 comments: