Do what you love.....love what you do!!

Sunday, May 1, 2011

SGD's May Scrapbooking Kit Reveal!!

Well, we have had the April showers...bring on the May flowers!!!

Scrappin' Great Deals has another amazing scrapbooking kit for you this month, if I do say so myself!!  Its theme....Timeless Treasures.  Here is the kit:

A couple of close ups showing the embellishments:


  

The kit features designer paper by BoBunny- the amazing Timepiece line, Kaiser Crafts' Chanteuce collection, Prima, and Glitz Designs.  Tim Holtz is well represented as well with a length of film strip, brads, clock face, game spinner, and memo holders; Prima flowers and pebbles; Kaiser Craft lace; journal cards by Kaiser & Websters, Bazzill brads and Pink Paislee Artisan Elements!  Timeless Treasures indeed!!

I actually managed to finish 3 layouts on Saturday!!!  Amazing, for those who know me! Here is layout number one...Coffee Time:

 A lot of distressing, I used a Tim Holtz Mask to create the timepiece in the corner, I fussy cut out the clocks from one sheet of the BoBunny paper.  I used some Rock Candy on the faces of the clocks to age them a bit, give them some texture.  Then I used some new texturizing spray called Goosebumps, on the background.  LOVE IT!!! It spatters and pools, dries quickly.  Totally cool.    I got all creative with my coffee cup too,  inked up the bottom of it and stamped it around the page along with the spatter stamp by Tim Holtz.  I used the mask on the tag as well, lots of layers with the film strip, paper layers.  Really happy with this one!!


Layout number two...Mother: 

It is Mother's Day next weekend, and this kit went so well with a very recent picture of my Mom:

 I used a Martha Stewart Punch for the butterflies (they weren't included in the kit), inked them up with some Marmalade Distress Ink, then went over it in Gold Twinkling H20s.  I did the same with the Pink Paislee Artisan Elements. LOVE how they turned out:

Just the right amount of shine.  I scrunched up the Kaiser lace, used the Prima flowers and pebbles, scattered some stickles around.  And the stamp sentiment I picked up at the last Garage Sale!!  Thanks Vender #27!! 

Last layout....Cherished:

The new Kaiser Craft Chanteuse line was just perfect to showcase these three ladies: 

I misted the green background paper with some Glimmer Mist, layered the background on a couple of sheets of cardstock and inked around the matted photo. I love using patterned paper to create my own embellishments for my layouts.  I spent a couple of hours making these rosettes (by hand..no Tim Holtz die helping out!!):

I then tucked in some bling around the rosettes.  The bling was cut out of the incredible Mother's Day BONUS gift that Sheila is including in this months kit..for the monthly subscribers only!!  Congrats ladies!! 

Make sure you pop by the store blog to see Sheila's fantastic creations. They will be posted tomorrow, and the kit will be available to purchase tomorrow as well.  Remember it is Limited Edition, meaning when it is gone, it is gone!!  

Have a fabulous night everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment