Do what you love.....love what you do!!

Friday, October 7, 2011

Not Spooky Enough?

Good day everyone!!  Tuesday, October 11th is the release day for Scrappin' Great Deals October Scrapbooking Kit!!  Sorry to keep you waiting this month, but hopefully you will agree it has been worth it!!

Here is the "Oh so spooky" kit, it's theme "Halloween, of course!":


It is stuffed full of designer paper from Echo Park, Pink Paislee, Graphic 45, 7 Gypsies and Bo-bunny; co-ordinating Bazzill cardstock; a ton of embellishments, alphas & stickers from Pink Paislee, Tim Holtz, Prima, Autumn Leaves, Authentique, Want 2 Scrap, and Canvas Corp.!!!  Love those bright greens and oranges mixed with the black!!

Sheila took a break this month, but I have 3 layouts to share with you over the next few days!!!  I LOVE Halloween!!

Layout One: Not Spooky Enough?



 I loved the collaged look of one of the papers included in the kit but found it a bit too bold for my layout so I used my new Picket Fence Distress Stain to cover it entirely.  This stain is semi-transparent so it allows the patterns to be seen while it tones down the colour.  Here is a picture of the paper prior to staining it:


I was very impressed with how it looked after covering it up, it suited my layout much better!!!  After the stain dried (very quickly I must add), I splashed on some drops of glimmer mist - Black Magic and Autumn Harvest; distressed edges and tore paper; these little clothes pins are cute little embellishments - a close up:


The pins were white and too bright so I covered them in Spiced Marmalade & Black Soot Distress Ink; I punched out some pumpkins using my EK Success border punch; the clear buttons were coloured green using an alcohol based marker (not Copics, gasp!); Firefly Stickles covered some punched cardstock circles; basically a lot of layers, distressing!! 

Here are a couple of  peaks of my other two layouts that I will show over the weekend:



Just to keep you coming back of course!! More details on the techniques I used will be posted on the store blog  over the next couple of weeks, so make sure you check in there every once in a while!!  You can also pop over to the store's website for a complete description of the kit and the kit club membership - click here!!  Thanks for looking and have a great day in this sunshine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment