Do what you love.....love what you do!!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fall Fun

This is my first layout with Scrappin' Great Deals November Scrap Kit. A day or so late, but better late than never!!

This was one tough layout for me. I wanted to throw it out several times over the last few days but I kept at it and I am fairly happy with the outcome.

Do you ever have an image in your head of what you want and it just doesn't work?? I recently saw some samples of image transfers and remembered doing them ages ago in school. So I wanted to do it again. I really love the kind of hazy look they produce and thought they would make a great background. The transfers went okay, not great but workable. But nothing would stick on top of them. I don't know if the gel medium I used was the issue or what but I was making a mess. I was not happy! But then I started covering up my mess with some die cut leaves using my new Tim Holtz Sizzix die and the layout began to come together. It is a bit darker than I like and still seems a bit "dirty", but that is part of fall too so what the heck.

I made some paper curls and sprinkled some Prima pearls around, coloured the thickers with Glimmer Glaze, and voila! Time to work on layout Two!! Hopefully the idea in my head will be easier this time around to get on paper!!

Have a great day!!

1 comment: