Do what you love.....love what you do!!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's Release Day!!


Another month has come and gone, March is here!! Let's hope for that early spring, I am quite done with snow!

Scrappin' Great Deals March Scrapbooking kit is stuffed full of colour!! It was a bit of a challenging kit to work with! A little outside my comfort zone, but that is good, it shakes things up a bit! Here is the kit:


It has designer paper from WRMK, October Afternoon and Echo Park, co-ordinating Bazzill cardstock, Webster's alphas, Basic Gray and WRMK brads, Prima Flowers, Pebbles Candy Dots, Maya Road chipboard buttons, and lots of WRMK title cards, flocked lace trim and journalling tags. This kit celebrates Family!!

Sheila and I had a blast on Saturday with our mini "competition", who can get the most done, the best layout, etc, etc. All in good fun of course, and with her being the boss, somehow she always wins???

Here are two of my layouts, the third I will be finishing up later today.


I used an I-topper for the first time to make my own paw print brads. Really happy with how they turned out. Love these pictures of my son and our cat, man they love each other! I played with some white Chalkboard Glimmer Mist on the background, didn't really show up enough so I added some splatters with chalk ink and a Tim Holtz stamp.

Next one:

I used the flocked lace trim as well has some scalloped edges from the WRMK title block paper and layered it along the bottom of the layout. I used the tattered florals Tim Holtz die to make the flowers, put some brads in the centres, tucked in the Prima flowers and voila!! Probably the fastest layout I have ever done! It came together really nicely I think!! I chose a Sepia toned picture because of the vibrant colours of the paper.

That's it for now! Make sure you pop over to SGD's blog to have a look at Sheila's creations! Beautiful work!!

Have an awesome day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment