Do what you love.....love what you do!!

Friday, July 15, 2011

Krafty Peaks with Mattie!!

It is Release Day Number Three for Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps !!  And today they are featuring fabulous new stamps by Cheryl Alger!  They are so incredibly cute!!  Kimmie asked me to be a guest again with this release (thank you!) and I worked with Back to School Mattie, incorporating the image into a layout.  Instead of Back to School though, given my oldest' thrill at being DONE school for the summer, I did a SCHOOL IS OUT!!! layout. 

Have a look at this:
 
I used both the Elementary and 100 Days of Summer lines of papers from Simple Stories, as well as the alphas, a little vintage photo ink around some edges, Autumn leaves buttons, pretty simple layout for me!!  I copied and shrunk Malcolm's last sheet of homework and included it on the layout.

Here is a close up of Mattie, coloured with my Derwent pencil crayons and odorless mineral spirits:


I loved this stamp so much that....sit down....I made a card!!  I used the same Simple Stories patterned paper and some Cosmo Cricket tiny type alphas for a perfect thank you card:


Check out the Kraftin' Kimmie blog for the full list of Krafty Girls participating in today's release!!  Thanks for looking and have a Krafty Good Day!!

14 comments:

  1. I love both of your projects but especially the LO!! Great use of colors and buttons and pp!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout and card! Love your papers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creations! Your colouring is fabulous.
    hugs
    Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantabulous layout!! I love that Mattie and the photo are so similar in the pose. Cute card too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how your image totally suits your little guy! Couldn't have worked out better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fan-freakin'-tastic, Lori!!! The layout is so much fun and you made a card too?? You da bomb!! Thanks for helping out again this month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The image and background suits just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The LO is awesome!!! Love it! And the card is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mattie is gorgeus in both! How did you manage to find the time to do a LO and a card?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I love both the card and the scrap layout :D
    What a great line up of releases these are.

    Hugs

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like how you have used Mattie on the fabulous scrapbook page.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great page!!! FUN!

    ReplyDelete